Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wonderful Wednesday

Source

I just HAD to share this recipe for Gluten-Free Vegan Tagliatelle with Winter Greens Pesto from one of my favorite blogs, Manifest Vegan.  Allyson Kramer recently published a book and her recipes and standards for her food is high, so do check her out.  The reason I felt so compelled to share this recipe with you all, my lovely readers, is because it caters to the season.  This is not a pesto made from handfuls of basil, but a lovely sauce made from a mixture of hardy winter greens.  I think getting a variety of dark leafy greens into foods during the chillier months, I'd say cold, but it was 46F in Chicago today, is the hardest and best thing you can do for your ability to get through to summer in one sane piece.

And for those of you who have been wondering: I am not jobless anymore.  I had my eye on a brunch spot right near the yoga studios I teach at where the money is good and the shifts are long, my feet can attest to that more adamantly than my perception, but end with plenty of daytime to spare.  I love mornings.  After persistence and some very wonderful acts at the right time, it all fell into place; I got the interview and the job in the same day.  Don't you love it when that happens.  No going home analyzing your responses and wondering if you were too peppy for a brunch waitressing job.

Today was day 2 in training.  The people are just lovely, even the moody ones.  I'm really excited, and a bit nervous, to get out on the floor by myself with my own sections and my own mistakes, which I'm sure I'll make at least a few of.  I do love waitressing.  I love the customers and how your sections become like your own little world that you're in charge of running smoothly.

My first day, my trainer happened to be the only other vegan on staff and we happen to go to the same gym.  I have a feeling we may hang out there sometimes.  I'm looking to start swimming again.  For some reason it seems like a good idea in the winter?  And there may be a dance class on the horizon too.  More to come on that.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

1 comment:

Sam Star said...

Yay! I'm glad you are enjoying Yolk so far. :-)