Friday, August 17, 2012

Chicago's French Market

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes."
Marcel Proust

I am going on an adventure this weekend!  It has to do with my bike and couchsurfing.  I'll expand upon my return on Sunday!  Today I went on a mini adventure to the French Market.  But first, I got myself to the yoga studio at 10:00am for Jessica's Jivamukti class, a very similar experience to Ashtanga with some fun variations and more philosophy talked about during class.  I love taking Jivamukti, but by Friday I don't want to think about doing much of anything except maybe pampering myself lazily.  I got a bit of that in though, think wax and arm pits (TMI?). Ha!  Not super relaxing, but feeling pampered none the less.  Like making your bed.  Always feels good afterwards.  Right? 

So Jivamukti rocked my world today and I am so glad I went.

I had a good 2.5 hours to kill before my desk shift at the studio, and decided to finally check out RAW.  A raw vegan restaurant tucked into a booth at the French Market in the train station on Clinton.  I am so glad I did.

Macaroons and other pastries

Oh yeah!

So much produce!
 I got some delicious food of course and I highly recommend Raw to any eaters in the Chicago area.  They also had some tasty samples.  I was particularly fond of their spicy entree, which I cannot recall the name of now.  Here's my plate:
  















































































 
The Sample Platter: Raw Ravioli, Raw Zucchini Pasta with "Meatball" and Marinara, Raw Garden Burger, and an Amazing Raw Apple Crumble




No comments: