Sunday, October 16, 2011

Success & Happiness

I am very jobless right now.  I actually have a fair amount of people who are "connected" and have offered to put in a good word for me in various locations from the Intercontinental Hotel to fancy restaurants.  The thing is, as nice as the idea of making more money is, I don't see myself at those kinds of places much longer.  I have changed a lot in the past few years, well the past year particularly, and I love the idea of doing something for people on a more personal level.  Simpler things like working at a cafe, baby sitting, working with kids, helping people who actually need help.  I want to do something to legitimately spread love and make some people's lives easier.  More and more I see that as success and happiness.

So what am I doing?  I applied to establishments that I respect and would genuinely love to work at, like Native Foods Cafe or Sweet Cakes Bakery.  In the mean time I need to pay next month's rent, so baby sitting is calling me.  I just applied today to 3 positions, and hopefully something wonderful will come out of that.  I think it will.  I've learned persistence doesn't always pay off, but sometimes it does!

Give a smile today to a stranger.

No comments: