Sunday, February 15, 2009

Peace and Quiet

The Stress

For some reason I feel like this past week has been very hectic for me. I felt completely not in control of what was going on. I was very stressed out. I think it just had to do with my schedule and exhaustion after working so many hours, a DETAILED food sanitation test coming up on Friday, renewing my passport and B-Permit, trying to get a response about moving straight to summer batch, worrying about looking for an apartment for summer batch, and a project which part of it is due on Weds., and some other stressy things. I am amazingly not too socially stressed out, probably because I know that social stuff is not supposed to be stressy, so I simply don't embrace that aspect of it anymore. Phew! This week will be better I believe, since I will be working in a VERY familiar place, CDV!! I am actually quite excited to be returning to the CDV kitchen. :D I will also have my afternoons free without having to wake up at 5 am.

The Peace

I decided to keep this weekend pretty peaceful. I did want to go out dancing last night because I had WAY too much energy, but I suppose I should thank Tahir and Mitali for "calming me down" because I'm glad that I am refreahed and early this morning, ready to accomplish some stuff and get more of my unneeded stress out of the way. I'm meeting Christa at Main Building to get some work done, then off to the gym to get more of my excess energy out.

V Day

I hope everyone had a nice Valentines Day, whether it was spent with a significant other or just used as a day to relax alone or with the family. I did make Banana Walnut Pancakes with Steffi, Tahir, and Mitali. They were really good! I also got to hear Albert's voice and had a nice chat :D I was kind of hoping for a package from KLHT, my high school, but I guess they don't do that anymore, haha oh well.

It is a beautiful day in the Alps by the way!! Steffi went skiing, so I have free reign of the room.... to clean it up hahaha!

No comments: