Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Special

My falafel wraps were a big hit and I earned myself 100 chf! I believe we sold more than 100 chf worth of falafel, but my bonus is just 100. The pitas never did come because the supplier doesn't have any, so I just used tortillas. I ended up watering down the "hummus" into a tahini dressing for the wraps. I have plenty of falafel left to make for myself and others for the rest of the week. I'll have to make more sauce though. I wonder what I'll do next time....

This weekend I was supposed to go to Bienne with a bunch of friends to this concert, but wasn't feeling up to it. I ended up having a great time with Tahir, and this morning I taught him some simple gymnastics stuff and practiced some stuff myself I seem to have retaned and actually increased my flexibility since cheerleading. Rather interesting. So I was able to go straight into a back bend much more easily than before, and my cartwheels and roundoffs were cleaner. I was also able to stay in a handstand which I was never able to do before. Pretty stoked.

The Wine Festival was this weekend too, so CDV opened later, and many students were rather red in the face for the day. It was in Sierre I believe. Ah, Switz.

1 comment:

Khaled Allen said...

Cool posts. I think it's awesome that you're making falafal from scratch and serving it. The one time I tried to make it, it turned into a messy scramble and got burned. Keep up the good posts. It sounds like you're having a great time.