Monday, November 24, 2014

My Favorite Drinking Chocolate


You may have seen this bad boy on my Instagram not too long ago.  It's a nice simple recipe for my absolute favorite hot chocolate! When I was younger, I discovered Angelina Hot Chocolate, which comes from the Angelina Cafe in Paris.  It is in pellet form in the bag and melts down with just a bit of milk or water to create this thick, nutty, decadents hot chocolate.  It is truly what you'd imagine when someone says "drinking chocolate." It has become difficult since that experience to enjoy a cup of hot chocolate in its watery powdery state.  As I'm sure you can imagine.

And so I have found the best thing to do it make it myself.  This is a Lia-fied version of my favorite childhood drink.

Lia's Favorite Drinking Chocolate

Ingredients
  • 1 Round of Taza Stone Ground Chocolate Ginger
  • 2 Cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
  • 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1 Can Coconut Milk (full fat)
  • 1 Tbs Coconut Sugar


Instructions
  1. Pour Almond Milk into a small pot and heat on medium flame
  2. Grate the Taza chocolate and whisk to incorporate throughout the grating process
  3. Add the vanilla and ONLY the cream on the top of the coconut milk can.  The key is to not shake the can and spoon out the cream.
  4. Whisk in the sugar and allow to simmer until it has a thick creamy consistency
  5. Serve in a small mug or shot glass with a sprinkle of cinnamon

No comments: