First I wanted to say a big thank you for the many messages on and off the blog regarding my last post. It was a pretty exposing one, and I appreciate the support so so much. You guys are strong loving people and you make my days that much brighter! Thank again for your love.
I've been back in the kitchen finally playing with recipes and have found myself on a bit of a baking spree. A friend of my roommate donated a HUGE laundry bin full of baking stuff, so I have been unofficially put in charge of feeding everyone with delicious baked things. We also had a whole bunch of apples and so many cranberries from the local produce share that we organize each week. We work with local farmers and put together awesome produce and fruit shares for people in Chicago to order and collect every Saturday.
And so I bring to you these Gluten Free Apple Cranberry Muffins! They are moist, just sweet enough, hearty, and have a lovely crunch from the chopped pecans! Enjoy!
Gluten Free Apple Cranberry Muffins
Based on the recipe by Karina at Gluten Free Goddess
- 1.5 cups Bob's Red Mill All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour (or blend of choice)
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/3 cup melted grass-fed butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 pasture raised chicken eggs
- 4 Tbs apple cider or to consistency
- 1 cup finely chopped apples (choose a sweeter variety like honey crisp)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup halved fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Butter muffin tins
- In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients until uniform
- Add all wet ingredients excluding apples, cranberries, and pecans
- Mix thoroughly adding in the apples, cranberries, and pecans until evenly distributed throughout batter
- Spoon batter into greased muffin tins to about 3/4 full
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from tins or just go for it if your mouth needs to taste the hot goodness right away.
- Serve with butter and jam!