Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Just Kidding!

As with every single other challenge of fitness or health relation I've ever put myself in, it fell to the wayside quickly after starting.  I could blame the fact that the weather went back to the 40's and 50's soon after, or the continual lack of sleep in my life, or the color of my new toenail polish.  In the end, though, I just can't seem to stick to these challenges.  It makes me wonder how I ever did change a bunch of those bad habits of mine.  I still have some I'm working on, but I had a lot more back in the day.  How did I do it then?

It was a give and take sort of thing.  I do remember.  I had a lot of patience with myself, and I knew I would regress, move forward, fall back, move forward, etc, until my habit changed.  PErhaps that's what I need to go back to.  My open-minded patience with myself.  Focusing on a change, a general direction to guide my decisions, and make smaller changes to focus on.  Keep building up my foundations so that my big changes can happen eventually in a smooth, joyful fashion.

It wasn't a total loss though.  I might as well admit openly that I was also dealing with some old eating issues that were really trying to get me down, and instead of letting all that drama start again, I was able to simply get myself back on track in the few days I actually did do the challenge and realign my beliefs with my actions.  My awareness is back and I'm more conscious about my eating decisions, in a good way, not in an obsessive anxiety way.  For the most part I should say.

Another good thing, is that Harry joined a gym that let's him bring guests for free, so that has been a fun motivation for both of us to actually go work-out outside of running around carrying trays at work, which has done wonders for my arm and shoulder strength I must say!  Between biking to work, waitressing, teaching yoga, taking class occasionally, and the occasional random workout, I do have a more active lifestyle than the majority of Americans.  This was always my goal.  I wanted a lifestyle that would be active by nature.

I'm still vegan, just trying to focus on getting more raw veggies in during the day.  I did make a lovely vegan quiche yesterday!  Quite tasty!  I'll try to get a picture up here soon!  It's a lovely 80F in Chicago today.  A good day for a long walk to Lush.  Not too much sun, but enough spatterings of blue to make it pleasant.

Stay groovy

No comments: