Thursday, January 17, 2013

Where Did The Week Go?

Wow!  I can't believe it is already Thursday!  I have no idea where the time went. I guess that's what happens when you work at a fast-paced restaurant.  I passed my waitress test on Tuesday and today was my second day as waitress.  I really missed waiting tables.  I know that may sound silly, but I really enjoy it.  I always did.  I remembered it fondly and love taking care of the people who sit in my section.  I get all section proud and want it to look perfect all the time.

This is a quick post because I have to grab some coconut oil before teaching my class tonight.

I'll use this as an opportunity to let you all know about my food workshop on Saturday!

It is called Foundational Foods!  Hopefully I'll see some of you there!

Healthy living has a foundation in food, which affects our mood, our energy levels, our ability to focus, and can even affect the way we view ourselves. With so much culture, tradition, and nostalgia associated with what we eat, how can a person change to live a more wholesome lifestyle? Come by for some tasty cooking/uncooking demonstrations, where you'll learn interesting tips and tricks for your everyday kitchen needs, plenty of eating, and great discussions.

We'll be going through the foundations for a healthful food lifestyle, dipping our toes into a few major eating styles like the Standard American Diet, Veganism, Paleo, Raw, and Gluten Free as well as how to foster positive relationships between food, body, and mind. We'll even discuss juicing, cleansing, and what it all means. The goal is to have you leave with a better idea of what you want from your food and how you are going to get it into your life.

This is a open environment where all beliefs and ideas are welcome. The only requirement is that you COME HUNGRY!

1 comment:

Ruy Hirano said...

How was the food workshop yesterday? :)