Monday, December 17, 2012

Taking a Moment

I wanted to have a post to thank all the people who care.  There have been so many posts, tweets, facebook blurbs, and other actions to draw attention to what happened here in Connecticut.  I am saying thank you not because I was directly associated with the families, community, or school, but because my heart broke too, just as so many of your hearts did.

Seeing the compassion extended by so many to a small community relatively far away, makes me grateful for the good in peoples' hearts.  Even one of the yoga studios I work with in Chicago is hosting a fundraising yoga class to help the families here.  Such unnecessary actions make me grateful.

My heart goes out to those directly affected by the consequences of a terrible decision.  Humanity shares a heartbeat at times like these.

No comments: