Monday, November 12, 2012

My First Cooked Food Workshop



The event went very well!  I was dancing around at the end.  23 people attended, and I got to reconnect with my first hosts on couch surfing from my long bike trip.  I've hosted Raw Food Workshops in the past, and I realized, and was told, that I should have had an assistant for this one.  The cooking workshops take a fair bit more effort, and I was moving around pretty quickly and had to do a lot of quick cleaning between prepping, which could have been done by someone else.  I already got an offer to trade free entrance to my next one for assisting.  I may take her up on that.


Roomy, and a couple of couch surfing friends stayed after to help do dishes and put everything away, which was much appreciated.  I got a fair number to sign up for my next workshop on Sunday the 18th, 7:30-9:15pm.  It's a Vegan Dessert Special!

The final menu:

For the full recipes come to my workshops or leave me a comment and I can put you on my workshop mailing list where I give sneak peaks and detailed information about what went on incase you missed it.

Winter Appropriate Green Smoothie


  • Spinach
  • Apple
  • Cashews
  • Banana
  • Vanilla
  • Cinnamon
  • Water to consistency

Key Point: keep fruits & water at room temp to enjoy on cold days

Winter Simple Salad


  • Kale - massaged with:
    • Avocado
    • Raspberry
    • Lemon Juice
  • Chopped Apple
  • Pumpkin Seeds
Key Point: Again, room temp is the key to enjoy a salad in winter time


Roasted Pumpkin Seeds


  • Freshly scooped and cleaned pumpkin seeds
  • Salt
  • Mesquite Powder

My No Teeth Soup (great name right!)


Lentil Walnut Loaf

Inspired by Angela's recipe. I made some changes to her recipe for my needs and resources.  The glaze wowed everyone and paired very nicely with the Red Bliss Mashed Potatoes I made to go with it.

Spaghetti Squash with Bolognese Sauce

This  was simply sauteed extra Lentil Loaf mixture added to Marinara Sauce.  Served with my Pumpkin Seed Vegan Parm!  This was my personal favorite of the night.  A glass of Malbec would have been a nice addition!

From Scratch Pumpkin Pie

Inspired by Gena's recipe with some minor changes.  We went through the whole process of halving, scooping, roasting, pureeing, crust making, baking, and eating.  The pie rocked and was just the perfect texture.  I made 3 pies total for the event, 2 in advance so they would be cool for serving, and one during demo.  Served with Coconut Cream Whipped Cream!  So good!

What did you all eat this weekend?

I hope to see some of you next weekend for the Dessert Workshop!

2 comments:

Sabah said...

This is so exciting.I can see you next hosting a TV show on Vegan cooking. They don't have one yet ! Iguess not, they only have shows on regular food. I am sooo proud of you .

Christine Negroni said...

Wow, that's a great menu. I'm eager to read about dessert. Well done Lia.