Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Good Fortune I've Had - A Gratitude Post

I know it's not Thanksgiving yet, but I just couldn't wait.  So, to beat the rush, I'm giving a little bit of thanks.  It struck me, this wave of gratitude, after teaching my noon Vinyasa class today.  I had a regular to our studio and 2 other lovely ladies who really did amazing things.  We focused on stretching out the quads and the psoas and building plenty of heat between.  It was a good class and it left me very fulfilled.  I really didn't do much of it myself like I usually do because I am trying to respect a still healing wrist.  My intention at each class I teach is to demo, show the postures, as little as possible.  I did that well today and for that I felt wonderful.

Truly, then, I am thankful for:
  1. My wrist.  Throughout the injury I have learned more about mindfulness and slowing down than any other time in my yoga practice.  It has translated to everyday life, of course and if there is one thing I need it is to learn how to slow down and embrace the moment.
  2. My education. This is a very very general statement.  It includes the general education my parents provided me to allow me to learn about things on my own, the structured high school education I received, and my experiences in Boulder, CO and Switzerland for university.
  3. My parents.  One to remind me that anything is possible and to dream big stubbornly (hey Dad!) and one to ground me, keep me balanced, and infuse wisdom into my life (that's you lovely Mom!)
  4. The blogging world.  A cliche blogger statement perhaps, but it's true.  I've been reading blogs for the better part of 3 years now and have learned so much by watching all of you other bloggers grow.  Inspiration, hope, joy, connection, innovation are all words I would use to describe the community.
  5. Food and health.  I'm lucky - intentionally.  So far so good!
  6. My living situation.  I mean look at how cute that dog is!  And I have the best roommate I could have hoped to find.
What are you grateful for?  Good to prep thoughts for the coming holiday!

Many hugs to you all!  May you enjoy whatever is!

1 comment:

Sam Star said...

I'm grateful for you! Consistently and with passion. :-)