Sunday, August 9, 2009

More Goodness

Sup!

Aight! So, I wanna say a couple things. First off that life is awesome and I feel so excited everyday! I donno why...I'm okay with that, but this is more than reminiscent of the Lia I was missing oh so much before!! :D yay! Second, I'm going to write my blog update now.

Food!

To start with, I attempted to make raw vegan alfredo sauce based on a recipe I found in a cookbook, but it was WAY lemoney, and ended up being more of a creamy italian garlic sauce. It was still god, but a bit overwhelmingly lemoney. So last night I was STARVING because I stayed in school the ENTIRE day to do some work and use the internet, and I guess my workout schedule has bumped up my metabolism 'cause my packed lunch and snacks were nowhere near enough to satisfy. Sooooo, I went home for an early dinner by 6 and made a better pesto for my "zuzhini pasta." T'was quite delicious, and I still have half the pesto leftover to use on something tonight perhaps? I'm out of zuchini though, and just about all my other veg....though I do have ayellow bell pepper waiting for me...maybe I'll make stuffed bell pepper for dinner? I'm getting ahead of myself. I did plan ahead, because I read a delicious recipe online and decided to ACTUALLY make a proper raw dessert. I've always kinda been scared to do it for some reason. I made an O SO GOOD lemon strawberry cream cake. Heavenly....sssiiiggghhhh* I blended dates, pecans, almonds, a touch of sea salt, and a bit of sunflower oil until it became like a thick dough. I pressed it into a small container and let it chill for a bit. Then I put a whole avocado, juice of one lemon, 6 soaked dates, 3 non soaked dates, and a hanful of strawberries into the blender, until amazingly creamy. Pour into the crust and let chill. EAT. I enjoyed a nice portion of that an hour or so after my pesto dinner while watching a really cool movie.

FILM!

It is called Respiro. An Italian film about a woman who is more liberal than her society accepts. The librarian was getting excited because we have the same taste in movies, so she handed me a couple to watch this weekend. I also gave her a list of movies to order that she doesn't have. I actually suggested the film Caramel, but it was already on its way! She watched Solaris too and we had a nice little chat about what the movie was about and what it meant. She gave me another one to watch tonight, but I don't remember the name. I will let you know.

BODY!

Sore. I'm taking this weekend off of any physical activity simply because my body needs a rest. I've been working out pretty hard when I'm on my own, and then I go to the women's fitness and end up getting a second workout unintentionally. So, I'm chilling for now. I wanna restart this awesome 30 day intense program I started last semester, but didn't finish. I love it because it taught me some of my new favorite weight exercises and gives you a lot of free will in the program. As always, I ignore the "diet" part of it because it usually does not apply to my eating habits, and I eat healthy anyway. I reorganized the Women's Fitness Club a bit. I designated Tuesday and Thursday as in the gym days, and Wednesdays as larger group class days, each week a different thing. So, this Weds is "Body Weight Boot Camp" hahahaha! I like the name too ;P I'll do a yoga class, and a dance thing, etc.

Perks of Passion!

I was informed after my last class, by the recreation manager at school that I get free access to all the school trips because I am donating my time to the school. So, I finally don't have to worry about paying for the trips to Milan and Lugano and stuff. There is one in 2 weeks and another in a month, so I'm gonna go to both without having to spend 80 chf! YAY! Doing what you love always pays off when you don't expect it to, crazy!

2 comments:

Sabah said...

Awsome Lia. You sem to enjoy life to the maximum...and in a healthy way too :D. i am so happy for you.
Free trips to Italy. Wow, can I have ajob at your school. You know I am a good cook :D
Love you baby

Sabah said...

I started eating more raw food. I will try the Alfredo soauce one.